Morning babes! How are we feeling today? This week I interviewed Karen from the blog ‘Dressing in Labels‘. Karen is a 24-year old girl from Belgium. She started her blog because she love writing and wanted to share her passion about fashion with the world. On her blog Karen show us her daily outfits, newest items, street style and runway outfits she likes. Is she have to described her style is preppy chic, because she loves dresses. I met Karen at our ilovefashiobloggers event and she is really a nice girl. Definitely one to follow. Well just let to know her a bit better.
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I’m 26 year old fashion addict from Belgium, nearby Maastricht. I guess I got the fashion microbe from my mother, who is still very fashion forward for her age.
This addiction has led to an oversized closet that is on the verge of collapsing under the weight of all my clothes 😉
Apart from fashion, I love travelling and going out with my friends. I’m also a huge fan of cycling and travel throughout Europe to follow the races.
2. What was the reason why you started your blog?
Throughout the years a lot of people asked me where I buy my clothes. I felt like I somehow wanted to share my style on a bigger scale. I’ve also always loved writing and on a blog you can mix both.
As a blogger you’re also always the first to be informed on new trends and you get to meet a lot of people with the same passion.
3. How would you describe your clothing style?
This is a very hard question because I mix and try different kind of styles. I would definitely think that my style is more preppy chic usually. But I also love to wear jeans and sweaters.
4. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts.
There are periods during which I come up with content easier than other periods. Weather plays a huge part in the fashion blogger life. If it’s sunny outside it’s of course easier to shoot multiple outfits per weekend (I usually shoot in the weekends).
Sometimes it’s better to not write for a few days than to post an uninspired blogpost.
5. What are you favorite brands and shops?
I few of my favourites are Supertrash, H&M, Louis Vuitton and Michael Kors.
6. What’s now on your wish list?
A lot of it-bags are on my wishlist right now. My top favourite would probably be the Boy bag from Chanel. But since this one is quite expensive, I desire the Drew bag from Chloé at the moment.
7. Who are your favorite bloggers?
I follow a lot of bloggers but a few people who inspire me are:
– Danielle from We wore what. She has a real talent to discover vintage gems and combine them with new items.
– Sofie Valkiers from Fashionata. On top of being a super nice person, she’s probably also the most gorgeous and classy blogger in the world.
– Aimee from Song of Style. I’ve also met her in real life and she’s super cute. She has this typical L.A. style and her shoots are always on point. Plus she has a super funny Snapchat account.
8. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest? Tips!
First of all don’t expect that you will become rich of your blog and that pr agencies will flood you with free stuff. Be grateful for what you do get.
Also consider if you really are up for it. I quite often have my friends saying: “Oh I want a blog as well because you get to go to parties and stuff.” Then I explain to them the amount of time I spent on my blog per week and the things you have to do. So really consider if you can combine this with your job/school/boyfriend/other hobbies. Nobody likes a blog that doesn’t get updated regularly.
If you have decided whether you want to blog or not and you do it for the right reasons, just jump into it. Don’t let excuses or doubt from others or yourself stop you.
Do you like Karen’s style and blog just like I do? Follow her! See links for social media canals underneath!
Enjoy your day!